Hair for Hope 2016 raised more than $3.8 million with 6,151 participants making a BALD statement. Event related expenses amounted to 5.5% of the amount raised. Donations from the event will go towards funding the free critical programmes and services by CCF for children with cancer and their families and children impacted by cancer.
CCF's signature head-shaving event, Hair for Hope, is into its 14th year running!
|Date||30 and 31 July 2016 (Saturday and Sunday)|
|Time||11am - 7pm (Saturday)
11am - 6pm (Sunday)
|Registration Venue||VivoCity, Amphitheatre, Level 3|
|Event Venue/ Public Education Exhibition Venue||VivoCity, Central Court A & B, Level 1|
Through this symbolic gesture of shaving bald, we aim to:
- Create awareness of childhood cancer in Singapore
- Show children with cancer and their families that they are not alone in their fight against cancer
- Tell children with cancer that it is OK to be bald
- Raise funds to help children with cancer and their families
- Build a community of support for children with cancer and their families
Hair for Hope is the only head-shaving event in Singapore that raises funds and awareness of childhood cancer. Every shaven head represents an understanding by an individual of the ordeals that a child with cancer is subjected to.
This year, we hope to encourage at least 6,500 participants to join our cause and raise $3.6 million to aid children and families impacted by cancer.
All funds raised will help to fund critical programmes and services for CCF's beneficiaries.